- About Us
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia's relations with New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Wallis and Futuna
- Travel advice
- Register with us
AUSTRALIAN CONSULATE-GENERAL, NOUMEA
Applications are invited from persons interested in the position of Junior Policy and Research Officer at the Australian Consulate-General, Noumea.
The duty statement and the selection criteria for the position are below.
Applications addressing the selection criteria for the position (including a resume) should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager, Australian Consulate-General, BP 22, 98845 NOUMEA CEDEX or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 13 December 2012.
JUNIOR POLICY AND RESEARCH OFFICER
1. Contribute to policy research, support and report writing; assist with liaison with host government interlocutors;
2. Translate documents; assist with correspondence in English and French as required;
3. Assist with the public diplomacy program as required including - organising public diplomacy events, reporting and maintaining contacts;
4. Contribute to organisation of visit programs for parliamentarians and officials, including making appointments, arranging logistics and accompanying visitors as required;
5. Contribute to drafting of press statements and speeches;
6. Assist with consular and passport reporting and casework;
7. Perform a wide range of administrative and other duties as required.
• Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is essential
• High level skills in use of IT applications and internet are essential
• Eligible for security clearance
• Due to the small nature of the mission, applicant must be flexible and willing to perform a wide range of tasks not necessarily listed above. The successful candidate may be required to rotate into other roles from time to time, depending on business requirements
• Current knowledge of Australia, including broad understanding of Australian society, government and foreign and trade policy
• Analytical experience relevant to foreign and trade policy
• Strong level research abilities
• Strong organisational skills
• Client service skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility, initiative and ability to work in a small team
• Fluency in French and English