- About Us
- Visas, Immigration & Citizenship
- Services for Australians
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia's relations with New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Wallis and Futuna
- Travel advice
- Register with us
ACCOUNTANT (5-Month Temporary Maternity Leave Cover)
Applications are sought from people interested in employment under local terms and conditions as Locally Engaged Staff at The Australian Consulate-General in Noumea as a temporary Accountant.
1. Management of the Consulate General’s finance and accounting systems, including certification of payments, processing and cash flow forecasting;
2. Responsible for payment of staff salaries and social contributions;
3. Budget monitoring and reporting; assist in preparing annual budget plan;
4. Preparation of financial statements;
5. Translation of documents; and correspondence in English and French as required;
6. Assist with IT systems support and perform a broad range of administrative and other duties as required.
• This is a temporary position. Employee will be engaged on a 5-month contract.
• Employees at the Australian Consulate General are required to undergo a criminal background check. This position is not limited to Australian citizens.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce (required).
• Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is essential.
• High level skills in use of IT applications and internet are essential.
• Due to the small nature of the mission, applicant must be flexible and willing to perform a wide range of tasks not necessarily listed above. The successful candidate may be required to rotate into other roles from time to time, depending on business requirements.
• Previous accounting experience and experience in the use of financial and human resource management systems such as SAP
• Strong organisational skills
• Client service skills
• Demonstrated ability to undertake administrative, office and computer based systems duties. The candidate should have a good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• High level written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility, initiative and ability to work in a small team
• Fluency in French and English (ability to translate documents would be a distinct advantage)
• Current driver’s licence highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Your application and a covering letter (in English and French), setting out why you are applying for the position and examples of how you meet each of the selection criteria together with a CV should be submitted to the Australian Consulate-General, BP 22, 98845 NOUMEA CEDEX, attention Lachlan Roach or by email to HR.Noumea@dfat.gov.au by close of business 24 March 2014.