- About Us
- Visas, Immigration & Citizenship
- Services for Australians
- Travelling to Australia
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia's relations with New Caledonia, French Polynesia and Wallis and Futuna
- Travel advice
- Register with us
JUNIOR POLICY OFFICER
Applications are sought from people interested in employment under local terms and conditions as Locally Engaged Staff at The Australian Consulate-General in Noumea for a Junior Policy Officer.
1. Assist with policy research, support and report writing; assist with liaison with Australian Consulate General interlocutors;
2. Assist with the translation of documents; and correspondence in English and French as required;
3. Assist with the public diplomacy program as required including - organising events; reporting and maintaining contacts; and management of Post’s social media;
4. Contribute to organisation of visit programs for parliamentarians and officials, including making appointments, arranging logistics and accompanying visitors as required;
5. Contribute to drafting of press statements and speeches;
6. Assist with consular and passports work and with IT systems support;
7. Perform a broad range of administrative and other duties as required.
• Australian citizenship and the ability to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
• Bachelor degree in relevant area of study.
• Fluency in English and French (oral and written) is essential.
• High level skills in use of IT applications and internet are essential.
• Due to the small nature of the mission, applicant must be flexible and willing to perform a wide range of tasks not necessarily listed above. The successful candidate may be required to rotate into other roles from time to time, depending on business requirements.
• Current knowledge of Australia, including broad understanding of Australian society, government and foreign and trade policy
• Sound research abilities
• Strong organisational skills
• Client service skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Flexibility, initiative and ability to work in a small team
• Fluency in French and English
• Current driver’s licence highly desirable.
How to Apply:
Your application and a covering letter (in English and French), setting out why you are applying for the position and examples of how you meet each of the selection criteria together with a CV should be submitted to the Australian Consulate-General, BP 22, 98845 NOUMEA CEDEX, attention Lachlan Roach or by email to HR.Noumea@dfat.gov.au by close of business 24 March 2014.